Mar 3, 2013

East Coast–West Coast hip hop rivalry


The East Coast–West Coast hip hop rivalry...
 was a feud in the 1990s between artists and fans of the East Coast hip hop and West Coast hip hop scenes in the United States. Focal points of the feud were East Coast-based rapper The Notorious B.I.G. (and his label,Bad Boy Records), and West Coast-based rapper 2Pac (and his label, Death Row Records), both of whom were murdered.

Biggie vs. 2Pac



"C'mere c'mere...open your fucking mouth...Didn't I tell you not to fuck with me?...Can't talk with a gun in your mouth huh?...Bitch-ass nigga, what?"       -Biggie "Who Shot Ya"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJC2ax18oQM
Who shot me? But ya punks didn't finish now you 'bout to feel the wrath of a menace nigga, I hit ‘em up!"
—2Pac, “Hit 'Em Up

On September 13, 1996, Tupac Shakur died after being shot multiple times on September 7, 1996 by an unknown assailant in Las VegasNevada. Six months later, on March 9, 1997, The Notorious B.I.G. was also shot to death by an unknown assailant in Los AngelesCalifornia. To this day, both murders remain unsolved.